Friday, September 10, 2010

Rainbow Babies

As I continue on this journey through grief there are lots of new concepts for me to learn. Some of them are sad and some are hopeful. For example us Mommy's who have lost our babies in the blog world we call ourselves BLM's. "Baby Lost Mamas" I have quickly adopted it into my new grief vocabulary.There are actually Baby Lost Mother's Day and Father's Day's which are on different dates than the traditional ones are celebrated on.If you want more info on that there are blog links on my Blog List you can check out.

Another wonderful new term is one that I have read on several other BLM blogs and that is "Rainbow Babies". A rainbow baby is the child you have after suffering the loss of a child. It was explained to me like this.


 "Rainbow Babies is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope." I got this definition off of one of my bloggy friend Trisha's blog so please don't think I wrote it myself!  I loved this explanation so much that I just had to borrow it from her. I love this idea and the visual explanation for this term!

This month, September is one of hope and trepidation for us. This is an important month for us, this is the month we were told by my doctor that we could begin trying again for our own rainbow baby. I am asking for all the BLM's out there as well as my other family and friends to continue to keep us in prayer as we begin again on this roller coaster journey of parenthood.  Regardless of when we begin this journey it will be sure to be a difficult and scary one, full of emotional ups and downs so thank you in advance for all of your love and support!

1 comment:

  1. it is so hard to venture forward with the rainbow baby! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete