As I sit here I am still stunned, I can't believe incompetent people are still messing with our lives this way!! As many of you know I have been planning and working on our celebration of Ethan's Birthday this Saturday, wanting every little detail to be just right. I know many people have not been able to come out and visit him before so I have been making sure everything is as beautiful as I can make it. I have put in a lot of time and emotional energy doing this. We are going to have our celebration regardless, but it will not be as perfect as I pictured in my head.
I had a message on the phone today that I didn't get to until after dinner. I was planning on cleaning up and relaxing on the couch for a while. I finally listened to the message and it was from Lakewood Memorial telling us that Ethan's plaque had been damaged by a groundskeeper, but not to worry they would be replacing it! Seriously 2 days before his birthday? 2 days before our celebration? There are people at the park who have had plaque's there for 50 years and had never had anything happen to their plaque!!!!! We have had little Ethan's plaque there for less than a year and someone has already ruined it!!!!!!!!!!!
We immediately drove out to see just how bad the damage was, hoping against hope that it was just a minor imperfection. Sadly it was not. They took the entire picture off of his plaque!! They scraped up his beautiful footprints and scratched the right side of the border! There is nothing I or anyone can do to have it repaired before Saturday, There you have it. Here I sit, angry and sad and there is nothing I can do about it. Thanks for letting me vent.
Ami
What the hell!? I'd want to know the groundskeepers name and to smack him! That's your baby boy's plaque, the only marker of his name! Ugh!
ReplyDelete(Perhaps you could print one of your lovely pictures of his plaque and put it in a frame as a temporary "fix" for his party. That's what I'd do.)
So sad to hear this happened! We just had our Ethan's one-year angelversary, and so I can relate to the emotions you are going through... this was no time for this to happen! I will be praying for you!
ReplyDelete