Friday, October 15, 2010

October 15th Candle Lighting Event


                                                                     
                                                                       
Today, October 15th, was International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. A day each year for all of our angel babies to be remembered and loved all over the world!

It was a very special evening for us. We went with our support group HAND to the cemetery and had the candle lighting graveside. It was so beautiful!  We met at 6:45 and at 7 0'clock we all lit our candles along with thousands of other hurting families all over the world.

We lit one for each of our children, our beautiful baby boy Ethan, and our little Alexis who we never got to meet. We also got to meet some new people that were not at our last meeting so I also got to share Ethan's story with them, which I love to do!

I am so thankful for the opportunity to remember Ethan and Alexis and be able to meet with others who share our grief, who truly know the pain of losing a child. I hate the circumstances that we have to meet each other in but I love the new friends and community of support we are beginning to discover!


                                                                    

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ami,

    I read Ethan's story. I have tears in my eyes. I think I know what you have been through these last months. On January 2, 2010, my baby Inés also died soon after being born due to medical negligence. She was also a perfect, loved, beautiful huge baby girl laying dead in my arms after an emergency c-section. No words can describe the pain when your baby dies after the 'stupidity of someone'.In all these months I had never found a BLM due to medical mal practice and I am sad to see that yes babies these days also die because of stupid mistakes. Ethan is beautiful, it reminds me Ines, both beuatiful, huge and so loved. I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. My mom (gramma vicki on facebook) has been following you. I've made something for your little Ethan.

    http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff453/Kara_Davies/In%20Memory/

    ReplyDelete